What to Expect on Your Fishing Trip
We’re excited to have you on board one of our sport fishing boats. A fishing trip is much more fun when you’re comfortable and well prepared. To have a great fishing experience, please consider the following:
- If you are prone to seasickness or you are new to fishing, we suggest that you bring seasickness medication. Most guests don’t require medication, but if you’re concerned about this, please consult your physician.
- You’ll be in the sunlight for quite a while on some days. A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are all highly recommended, and will help protect your skin from irritation or burning. Even on a cloudy day you can experience a sunburn if you have sensitive skin. Also keep in mind that you’re fishing in the open ocean, and there can be significant glare coming off the water. Sunglasses are highly recommended to reduce glare.
- A waterproof jacket, warm sweater, towels, an extra pair of warm socks, and water repellant boots are a must have on most days, and a second pair of shoes are generally a good idea, as well as a good backpack to store personal items like keys, wallet, phone, and clothes. A strong plastic ziplock bag is also recommended for your phone, just to be extra safe. Keep in mind you’re on the ocean, so if something can get wet it’s generally a good idea to have a spare.
- Fishing generates quite an appetite. Being exposed to cold air and weather tends to burn lots of calories, and as a result you’ll find you want to eat heartily. Our boats have galleys where we can cook for everyone on the boat. You can bring your own snacks and drinks as well.
- We do not allow alcohol, fireworks, weapons, or illegal drugs. Prescribed and over the counter medication is fine.
- A camera is a must when you are going for a fishing trip in the bright sunny weather. But, many people don’t realize that photos in foggy weather turn out great, and create a very unique lighting and ambience. Taking photos gives you great material to share with friends and family, and naturally gives you tons of content to share on your social media profiles.
- Keep in mind that some fishing trips produce more catches than others. This is highly dependent on the season and other factors. No two days are exactly the same. People have been fishing for thousands of years and this has always been the case. While we want every trip to produce lots of catches, not knowing the outcome is part of the excitement of sportfishing. There are some days which are not very productive, and some days which will bring amazing creatures from the sea. Finding the most glamorous catch may not happen for you on that particular day, but it is not necessary to turn the event into a great experience. Being out at sea is a rugged and invigorating experience, and regardless of the catch, all of our travelers have a good time and enjoy the natural connection with the ocean.
- Learn about licensing and the rules of recreational fishing. If you do not have a license, we will provide it for you. Our licensing machine will get the job done quick and easy. But it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the regulations of charter fishing and the licensing requirements. Some species of fish which are endangered may have to be released after catching, for conservation and sustainability. Besides that, conservation minded anglers are increasing day by day, in an attempt to protect the marine life.